Tuesday, October 14, 2008

as told by interpretive dance

but your lonely nights have just begun,
when you love someone.
- bryan adams


the nights are always the hardest.
even if you're nowhere near a window,
the elucidating reach of the moon can always procure your very being
and proceed to cast its whole heart,
with its myriad of unspoken secrets, up on the walls,
showcasing every shadow in an interpretive dance.
and even if you can't understand the inky story being written out by gallivanting limbs,
there's no doubting its presence.
each movement catches your frenzied eye,
your frenzied heart,
as it dances before your eyes,
making sure its presence is known.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really pretty... you are quite the wordsmith. And it's true, too; there is something about the night.

Well, I'm sitting here in my dorm eating left over pizza... it's 1AM. And there is too much on my mind to type into a comment box. I think I might muster up an email pretty soon.

But yeah, there is definitely something about the night...

<3

Anonymous said...

By the way, the moon sucks!